Union Berlin vs. Arminia Bielefeld
The sixth matchday in the Bundesliga awaits us next weekend. 1. FC Union Berlin welcomes Arminia Bielefeld on 25.09. at the Alte Försterei. Union Berlin is no longer an unknown quantity. The Berliners have gained a lot of popularity with their offensive style of play. Especially in their own stadium, coach Urs Fischer’s team is hard to beat. The capital city team is currently in eighth place in the table.
Bielefeld, on the other hand, are in 13th place and have only managed four points so far. It is very astonishing that Klos and Co. have achieved this points haul with an incredible four draws. They have been waiting for a win in the Bundesliga since the beginning of the season. We can look forward to an exciting match between two interesting teams. Find out more about this match in our Union Berlin vs Bielefeld betting tips.
Union Berlin – Bielefeld info
– Date & Time: 25.09.2021, at 15:30 hrs.
– Venue: Berlin, Stadion an der alten Försterei (21,717 spectators)
– Competition: Bundesliga, Matchday 6
– TV broadcast: Sky
Union Berlin Form & Balance Check
1. FC Union Berlin are trying to build on their successful last season. In the first five games, the capital team had high-quality opponents. In return, coach Urs Fischer’s team was able to earn a few points. At the beginning, the Union team snatched a point at home against Leverkusen. In the following game, they drew against Hoffenheim for the second time in a row. This was followed by an astonishing 2-1 win over Borussia M’gladbach at the Alte Försterei. After a goalless draw in the following match against FC Augsburg, they hailed four goals against Dortmund and a 4:2 defeat.
Union conceded first defeat against Dortmund
Union Berlin was already 2:0 behind at half-time against Borussia Dortmund. It’s hard for any team to come back at Signal-Iduna-Park. The Berliners even fell behind 3:0 through an own goal by defender Friedrich. But then the team from the capital took heart and played courageously forward. Kruse scored the 3:1 equaliser in the 57th minute. Voglsammer was able to create tension again in the 83rd minute and scored the 3:2, before Haaland scored two minutes later for the 4:2 final score for BVB.
Union Berlin facts & analysis
– They are currently in eighth place in the table
– Union lost the last match against Dortmund with 4:2
– They conceded only one defeat so far
Bielefeld form & balance check
Arminia Bielefeld are currently in solid form. They have already drawn four times and, like their upcoming opponents, Union Berlin, have only been beaten once. Nevertheless, coach Frank Kramer’s team has been waiting for a win since the start of the Bundesliga. The Bielefelders simply lack offensive punch. The Westphalians have scored just three goals, the same number as bottom of the table Greuther Fürth.
Arminia Bielefeld have never scored more than once in each of their five Bundesliga games so far. We suspect this streak will continue against Union Berlin. The Capitals are more goal-prone than Bielefeld, but have experienced and high-quality players in the defensive chain like Knoche, Baumgartl and Co. Arminia Bielefeld do not have a player who has scored more than once. Therefore, it remains exciting whether they will score a goal against Union.
Bielefeld facts & analysis
– They are currently 13th in the table.
– The Westphalians have been waiting for a win since matchday one
– They last played 0-0 against Hoffenheim
Predicted line-up – last update on 23 September 2021
We expect Union Berlin in almost the same starting line-up as against Borussia Dortmund. At the right-back position, however, the veteran Trimmel could move back into the starting eleven. He excels on crosses and has years of experience. Union has been playing in a 3-4-1-2 system for some time now.
Since Arminia Bielefeld earned a respectable draw against TSG 1899 Hoffenheim in their last match, it can be assumed that they will start with the same formation and starting line-up as against Sinsheim. They currently operate in a classic 4-4-2 system.
Union Berlin – Bielefeld direct comparison & Statistics
Bielefeld have failed to win any of their last two matches against Union Berlin. In the last match at the Alte Försterei, Union shot Bielefeld out of their own stadium with 5:0. We do expect a Berlin victory, but not by this amount. Bielefeld have been waiting for an incredible eight games for a win against Union Berlin.
– The average of goals scored in a clash between Union Berlin and Arminia Bielefeld is 2.2.
– When Union Berlin are 0-1 down in home games, they win 42% of the matches.
– The most common result when Union Berlin vs Arminia Bielefeld is 1-1, when Union Berlin has had home advantage (3 matches ended like this)